Community Memorial Health Center is a non-profit community-owned skilled nursing facility. Our staff is number one in work ethic and quality of care, combined with community pride helps to make Community Memorial Health Center a premier facility.
Our building was built as a hospital in 1960, and over the years went through some transformations. In 1992, we reopened as a long-term care facility and in 1993, added an Alzheimer’s unit. We have recently updated to give our residents a state of the art facility including new bathing centers and 25 private rooms.
In 2008, we earned the Governor’s Quality Care Award and again we will receive it for 2011 by Governor Branstad. “Caring in the Spirit of Family” is our pledge and promise. It is this attention to detail, caring for our residents, and the home-like atmosphere that makes us a cut above the rest.
Transitions are never easy and we ease the process by providing an environment where residents and guests feel informed and comfortable. They understand the importance of creating a comfortable and nurturing atmosphere, whether residents stay for short-term treatment or long-term care.
- 68 Medicare certified beds
- VA certified
- Full in-house rehabilitation with physical (PT), occupational (OT) and speech therapy (ST)
- State of the art bathing centers
- Long term care and short term rehab
- 24 hour RN and LPN
- Social activities and programs
- Assisted Living facility with 16 apartments
- 24 hour trained staff
- Emergency response call system pendants
- All utilities, except telephone
- 3 meals per day
- Laundry facilities
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Planned recreation/activities
- Meals on wheels
- Life Line Medical Alert